Sunday, February 6, 2011

RPG - No Kingdom for Old Men! (PFS)


 Art Source Click Here
 
In December I started a new campaign called "No Kingdom for Old Men". Its my 1st attempt at running a pathfinder (D&D 3.75) game and so far its going quite well. When I start to put the game together in my mind I really wanted to run a Middle Eastern/Slave style game and was going to base it off the "Legacy of Fire", but Dan ran his first and it ended up that his storyline follows the "Legacy of Fire" at various points so rather than run another version of the wheel I opted for something else.

Also after reading "Legacy of Fire" I discovered that the Storyline is actually pretty weak and I'm happy I didn't run it now. I have still nabbed a few things from it but for the majority it isn't all that usable.

So instead I decided that I would run an alternative version of "King Maker", In the original version of "King Maker" you get given a writ and sent off to clear out a swath of land and become a king, but as we kind of did that in Dans game I decided instead the group would have the opportunity to work for someone else who is trying to set up a town/region and have the group work on his behalf.

I like the idea of the Kingmaker Modules except for 1 part... That the Kingdom Creation rules are complete rubbish! Unless of course you like running a massive excel sheet of Micromanagement Madness as your Kingdom twists and turns in the wind turn from turn. I am sure that the originators of teh kingdom system

During my research phase of creating the game I did find a cool little treasure maker online that I quickly downloaded and now have kicking around for whenever I need to generate items on the market, It randomly generates Magic items either by town size of GP/Power Ratings for Pathfinder... It makes having a changing item market actually viable and non tedious/time consuming!

Click Here and get the latest free version!


The game is slowly developing into the creation that I want to acheive, I cant really say a lot as some of my players read this and that would spoil the surprises I have in store for them, but I can say that my inspiration is a mixture or Rome meets Sparticus meets West Wing... Take from that what you will. :)


Reminds me, I should rewatch west wing!

If you want to read on whats been going on then check out the game Journal for both an informed and funny read.

No comments:

Post a Comment